St James Restoration
One of Wilmington’s most significant Historic Restorations involving the entire exterior envelope and sanctuary interior of this 1839 structure. The scope of this sensitive restoration included complete replacement of the stucco on the 4 story tower, repairing the stucco on the remainder of the structure, critical roofing repairs & re-detailing, sanctuary wall and fenestration repairs, and repairs to preserve and protect the exterior trim and details. The entire sanctuary interior was also restored including the addition of LED lighting, re-illuminating the interior of this sacred space. This preservation project was the first renovation of this cultural landmark in decades and most comprehensive preservation effort in the history of St James. The restoration received the Historic Wilmington Foundations Certificate of Merit Award 2012.